Re: g++ build error, collect2, forked process died unexpectedly

>From what I can determine, Defender is a built-in part of Windows and
cannot be un-installed.  It doesn't appear in the 'Programs and
Features' list of programs to un-install.  I'm able to use my Start
menu to search for and find Defender but when I try to open it I get a
message saying Defender is turned off.  See the link below for info on
this.  Other websites say the same thing.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15788/how-to-uninstall-disable-and-remove-windows-defender.-also-how-turn-it-off/

Regards,
Kevin