Octave plotting window becomes unresponsive

If you've seen the earlier thread, I think I can excuse Emacs from being
responsible for the hangup of the plot window.

The issue happens in standalone Octave as well: whenever Octave terminal output
gets tied up by the pager, the plot window becomes unresponsive.  Now, Emacs
runs Octave through pipes and this is likely where things get knotty.  In this
case somehow the thread that is responsible for managing the plotting window
seems to get stopped or the pipe that feeds data into the window does hang.  I'm
not sure how helpful this observation is in finding a remedy, but first I'd like
to know if the current release version of Cygwin (I'm using the latest snapshot)
shows the same behaviour.  Sorry, can't roll back the Cygwin DLL myself for at
least a few days.

Regards,
Achim.