exit bug on 1.7.17 ?

Corinna, Cgf, your opinion please, I guess this behavior changed long time ago

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 2nd
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:16:04 -0500
From: Andrew Dunstan
To: marco atzeri

pg_ctl is broken because it hangs waiting for a child process to finish. This can be seen with the following test program:

   #include <stdio.h>
   #include <stdlib.h>

   main()
   {
        system("sleep 5 && echo waking&");
        printf("done\n");
        exit(0);
   }

On my Cygwin 1.7.7/ gcc 4.3.4 system this program returns immediately as
expected and does not wait for the child to exit. However, on Cygwin
1.7.17 / gcc 4.5.3 it does not return until the child exits, even though
the system() call returns immediately.

That's a major piece of breakage (and nothing to to with Postgres, of
course).

cheers

andrew