Re: Is the lastest release of Cygwin officialy supported on Windows server 2012

On 3/27/2013 4:40 AM, Maxime LAMBERT wrote:
I saw this information on the main official web page of Cygwin but, in the
FAQ, Windows Server 2012 is not mentioned in the list of the Operating
systems supported.

Right.  It says:

Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern 32 bit versions of Windows This includes, _as_of_the_time_of_this_writing_, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, as well as the WOW64 32 bit environment on released 64 bit versions of Windows (XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2008 R2).

I added the underlining of the phase above.  So you can see that the
entry needs updating to include 2012.  But because Server 2012 is released,
it falls under the statement from the main page:

The Cygwin DLL currently works with all recent, commercially released x86 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows, with the exception of Windows CE and Windows NT4.

So it is supported.

I think that the subsystem WoW64 of Windows didn't changed since Windows
Server 2008 R2 and that Cygwin still works. I just want to know if the
lastest version of Cygwin has been tried on Windows Server 2012?

Oh, you want someone to _try_ it.  Well, that's a different story. ;-)

--
Larry