But it is cygwin related.

It is a cygwin related question to me.  It involves using cygwin and programs built using cygwin.  You are wrong to suggest that it doesn't related to cygwin.  Additionally it involves using cygwin as a learning and buiding tool.  You should consider a more constructive response that would be helpful and address the question if you have the knowledge to do so.

Regards