Regardless it is cygwin related

I did not ask for native widows programming advice any more than cygwin uses win32-api.
cygwin distributes the header files and I simply asked about linking, which is exactly what cygwin built programs do.

I appreciate Corinna's providing a url to a possible point of source and which did response to my question about how we can get through, hopefully using cygwin as a gateway.  I also, explicity stated that I did not want to have to use bios or direct windows unless there as no cygwin gateway API, but there must be else the c output and getchar functions would never work.

cygwin should offer the ability for build programs can perform simple i.e., if you would give a cygwin specific method of outputing a character that doesn't involve c libs that would be fine and was also my main question and is related to cygwin.

The c library used by all programs goes there a cygwin interface to output and input date, I just want to know how I can use that interface directly.

Regards

Corinna Vinschen