Re: /usr vanished

Septimus Stevens <septimus.stevens <at> gmail.com> writes:
> But my /usr suddenly disappeared, as though I'd done a 'rm -r /usr'
> but it seems VERY unlikely I typed that.  ( /bin and /lib are still
> there)
>
> Any idea how this could happen?

You might have had it marked in Explorer when deleting something else, or
you might have moved it inadvertently.

> Suggestions on remedy?

If you moved it and can find where it is now, you can move it back.  If
you've deleted it from the Windows side in Explorer, you might be able to
recover "an earlier version" or from the trash bin.

HTH,
Achim.