Re: Patch for shutdown

Greetings, Fedin Pavel!

>  At the other hand, IMHO, Windows .bat scripts are never run from wihin
> bash, and vice versa, UNIX .sh scripts are never run from within cmd.exe...

That's a bold claim. If I run it down to underlying interpreter, I always run
all scripts from "cmd", be it .bat, .cmd, .btm, .sh or, say, .php.

>  And following the same logic we would need to teach our find.exe (already
> mentioned on this list) to understand Windows options instead of UNIX
> options...

Yeah, that would be ridiculous one.

>  Even further, in terminal case, why have Cygwin at all ? It is different
> from Windows command line and this is confusing...

Heh.

Anyway, real argument is that Cygwin is providing tools that mimic *NIX
environment. What you want to use in the end of the day is up to you.
Supposedly, you're fully aware of the consequences.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...