Re: cygpath codepage problem

On May 18 23:56, Dmitry Bolshakov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> today I've updated cygwin and new cygpath prints incorrect non latin paths
>
> $ cygpath -V
> cygpath (cygwin) 1.7.18
> Path Conversion Utility
> Copyright (C) 1998 - 2013 Red Hat, Inc.
>
> $ echo $LANG
> ru_RU.UTF-8
>
> $ cygpath 'D:\Downloads\ÐÑÐÑÐÐ'
> /cygdrive/d/Downloads/ÐÑÐÑÐÂÐâÐÑÐÂ
>
> ("ÐÑÐÑÐÐ" means "music" in russian)

Confirmed.  Between 1.7.17 and 1.7.18 there was a non-trivial change in
the build system.  During this transition, an old patch has gone lost.
The result is that the multibyte<->wide char character conversion
functions are loaded from ntdll.dll, rather than from the Cygwin DLL.
Since the ntdll has another idea about the current codeset, the result
is pretty much unusable in terms of non-ASCII characters.

I fixed that in CVS.  The next snapshort from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
will have the fix, too.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna