Re: [64bit] Xlib.h not available in cross-compile-to-self usage

Thanks. I am building the code from reduce-algebra.sourceforge.net and in particular updating the build system there so that anybody who fetches will be able to build. The part that I am mostly concerned with uses either the FOX toolkit for its GUI stuff or wxWidgets (each built from source) so in the native cygwin case that is just a bunch of X11 stuff with Xft, Xrandr, fontconfig and the like. At present I can build a 32-bit set of binaries if I am using a 32-bit cygwin shell and compile using just "gcc" (rather than trying i686-pc-cygwin-gcc which exists but its sys-root is less populated) and I can build a 64-bit one if I use a 64-bit cygwin shell. But eventually it would feel tidy to be able to build i686-cygwin, x86_64-cygwin, i686-mingw32 and x86_64-mingw binaries all using just one host machine - and at present I can do that if I do not try to build the GUI versions.

So I can in fact build all I want at present - but I have to build some versions from a 32-bit cygwin shell and some from a 64-bit one, and the facility that arises using "--host=i686-pc-cygwin" on a 32-bit cygwin platform exists enough to feel tempting (to leave me a set of build scripts consistent wherever I run them) but is unexpectedly deficient compared to omitting the "--host" - and ditto in the 64-bit world.

So my note here is more a note of incompleteness and a hope that eventually eveything that can be built by plain "gcc" on regugar 32-bit cygwin will be buildable using either i686-pc-cygwin-gcc or x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc - with X11, Xft, Xranrd, fontconfig being the components I am most waiting for but not feeling a need to make my request an urgent one!
                  Arthur