Re: Bug with Cygwin's 'quilt' is actually in 'patch'

I've been looking further into this and it appears as though the problem is in 'patch' not 'quilt'. quilt is actually a collection of bash scripts and calls patch to do the actual patching.

Using the same example I provided earlier in the thread, the same error occurs when calling patch directly:

$ patch Imakefile patches/test.patch

Running dos2unix on test.patch will allow the patch to apply successfully. However, this is WRONG. Imakefile and the initially created test.patch both use CRLF line endings. The patch should definitely NOT apply by introducing actual disparity.

To summarize, the patch to Imakefile (CRLF) will apply if it is converted to LF line endings. Using the '--binary' switch seems to be a workaround for this issue.