Re: Problems with file permissions during a build

On Jun 21 14:18, Arjen Markus wrote:
> Oops, my mistake. The correct invocation of CMake is:
>
> cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../
>
> (These generators are part of CMake, not of the tar file)

Ok, thank you.  I never used cmake before so I didn't notice.

Other than that, I have not the problem you're reporting:

  $ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../
  CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-2.8.9/Modules/Platform/CYGWIN.cmake:15 (message):
    CMake no longer defines WIN32 on Cygwin!

    (1) If you are just trying to build this project, ignore this warning or
    quiet it by setting CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32=0 in your environment or in
    the CMake cache.  If later configuration or build errors occur then this
    project may have been written under the assumption that Cygwin is WIN32.
    In that case, set CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32=1 instead.

    (2) If you are developing this project, add the line

      set(CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32 0) # Remove when CMake >= 2.8.4 is required

    at the top of your top-level CMakeLists.txt file or set the minimum
    required version of CMake to 2.8.4 or higher.  Then teach your project to
    build on Cygwin without WIN32.
  Call Stack (most recent call first):
    /usr/share/cmake-2.8.9/Modules/CMakeSystemSpecificInformation.cmake:36 (INCLUDE)
    CMakeLists.txt:3 (project)

  -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe
  -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe -- works
  -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
  -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
  -- CMake version = 2.8.9
  -- Configuring done
  -- Generating done
  -- Build files have been written to: /home/corinna/tmp/cmake/work
  $ ls -l src/include
  total 13
  -rw-r--r--  1 corinna vinschen 1788 Jun 21 14:24 cmake_install.cmake
  drwxr-xr-x+ 1 corinna vinschen    0 Jun 21 14:24 CMakeFiles
  -rw-r--r--  1 corinna vinschen   41 Jun 21 14:24 gnulliver.h
  -rw-r--r--  1 corinna vinschen 5675 Jun 21 14:24 Makefile

Are you using all the latest Cygwin packages?

Are you running this in a directory under the /cygdrive prefix or under
a remote share?  If so, what if you build under a path within the normal
POSIX directory structure?

Running this call under strace might help to see if this is a problem
in Cygwin or cmake.

Corinna

Red Hat