Re: SVN - Newest Version

On 7/5/2013 10:27 PM, Chloe wrote:
> How do I install the latest SVN? I have version
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.7.8 (r1419691)
>    compiled Jan 26 2013, 10:45:51
> $ which svn
> /usr/bin/svn

> I tried setup.exe and searched in
> http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com
> http://box-soft.com
> ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports
>
> but there were no SVN clients, just SVN utilities and converters.
> http://i.imgur.com/eqF9ftM.png?1

The latest version is 1.8.0 and the package name is subversion. It's
available on the hoobly.com mirror.

If you had Subversion installed through setup before, you should be able
to simply start setup and keep clicking Next to update all your
packages, including Subversion. You might want to click on the "View"
button at the top-right until it says Pending, though, to see exactly
what it will install.

Peers's Law:
        The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.