Re: emacs problem

On 7/10/2013 3:07 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:
Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

On 7/10/2013 2:07 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:

I'm starting to see this error quite a bit in the terminal window I started
emacs from:

0 [main] emacs-X11 19400 C:\tools\cygwin\bin\emacs-X11.exe: *** fatal error in
forked process - failed to create new win32 semaphore, Win32 error 87

Have you tried rebaseall
(http://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures)?  This
isn't the typical error message you see from rebase problems, but it
can't hurt to try.  If that doesn't help, maybe you could test the
build I mentioned at

Ken

Yes, the first thing I tried was rebaseall, but that also gives (in my
history) the message about not being able to fork a new process.

Are you saying you get a fork error when you run rebaseall? If so, I think you need to fix that before you can hope to avoid fork errors in emacs. Have you looked for BLODA? Other than that, I don't know what to suggest (except that you should send cygcheck output when you write again).

Ken