problem with 'patch' version 2.7.1-1 in Apache OpenOffice build under Windows

Hi,

I am Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, a software developer working on Apache OpenOffice. I am not subscribed to this mailing cygwin at cygwin dot com. Thus, please include my mail address in your replies - Thx in advance.

I just want to inform you that version 2.7.1-1 of 'patch' breaks the current Apache OpenOffice build under Windows. It is caused by the fact that a non-CRLF patch could not be applied to a CRLF file.

I have seen that this has been already reported on this list - see thread [Bug with Cygwin's 'quilt' is actually in 'patch']

As Apache OpenOffice is built on different platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux, ...) and developers are working on different platforms it can happen that patches and files got different line endings. Thus, Apache OpenOffice is hit by the change in new cygwin 'patch'.

Question:
Is it still possible to change the line ending of a certain line in a file from CRLF to non-CRLF with 'patch' version 2.7.1-1?

Best regards, Oliver.