Re: cyglsa-config not working properly in cygwin 1.7.22

On Jul 29 10:50, J. P. Abelanet wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> In the process of trying to diagnose problems building debug with MSVC 2010 SP1 over ssh/pubkey,
> I discovered that cyglsa-config does not work on a fresh install of cygwin on:
> - XP SP3 32-bit
> - Vista 64-bit
> I have two other XP SP3 machines that continue to correctly build debug over ssh/pubkey,
> after upgrading from MSVC 2008 to MSVC 2010 SP1,
> without making any changes to cygwin.  These two machines are running cygwin 1.7.5.
>
> The simple method I discovered to work around this problem is to use "passwd -R",
> but I've never had to do this in the past.  In all cases, working or failing, the accounts are local
> with administrator privileges.  The effect of "passwd -R" is easily verifiable:
>
> AFTER APPLICATION OF cyglsa-config:
>
> $ set | grep USER (output trimmed)
> USER=gessh
> USERDOMAIN='NT AUTHORITY'
> USERNAME=SYSTEM
>
> AFTER APPLICATION of passwd -R (which is the same as running from an interactive
> cygwin terminal or from ssh using password authentication):
>
> $ set | grep USER (output trimmed)
> USER=gessh
> USERDOMAIN=NIVEN
> USERNAME=gessh
>
> Both of the failing machines, prior to reinstalling cygwin, had been used daily for building debug with MSVC 2008 over ssh/pubkey
> for several years, and cyglsa-config was used (and required) on both initially to accomplish
> this, without the use of "passwd -R".
>
> Any ideas?

No.  I can confirm that this happens, and it seems the cyglsa.dll
doesn't get loaded at all.  But as for the reason, I have no idea.
It's the same source code we're using for ages.  We switched the
compiler to build it, but that's it.  So, for some reason, when
building the stuff with mingw-w64-gcc, the result is not runnable.

Sorry, but I'm at a loss right now.

Corinna

Red Hat