Re: Case sensitive filenames for non-NTFS filesystems

Shaddy Baddah wrote:

To be honest, my bug bear with NTFS has been the file/folder ownership.

But I think noacl's is probably the best compromise for general NTFS
ACL issues.

You realize you can change the ownership of files in cygwin, no?

chmod <username>.<groupname> -R .
in your home directory, followed by
chmod u+rwX,g+rX,o+rX

will give you semi normal posix like permissions in your home
dir.

It's when other programs not running as you put things
in your home dir...

You can do similar in windows, but it will often through up
more road blocks.

Cygwin's easy of use in doing common file system operations is
so easy compared to standard Windows Explorer that I've even
heard of some anti-virus things reporting cygwin as a possible
trojan -- because it gets around all the windows questions (among
other things)...