Re: emacs-24.3.1 crashes on talking to Google

Ken Brown wrote:

   > What's the exact error message?
   > And can you reproduce this starting with 'emacs -Q'?

Yes, the error shows when emacs is started with -Q. Here it is:

$ emacs-x11 -Q
** (emacs-x11:32728): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken.

Then Ken wrote:

   > It looks like you're using at least one obsolete variable.
   > I suggest you start by reading the emacs documentation
   > on smtpmail, especially the section on authentication.

Indeed. I see many changes compared to emacs-21. Not only is
smtpmail-auth-credentials obsolete. smtpmail-starttls-credentials
is obsolete too. Yes, this part of my .emacs code will have to be
rewritten.

A suggestion to Emacs/Cygwin maintainers/developers: please, give
us an example of a working up-to-date .emacs code for making emacs
send e-mail through Google. It's a popular way of doing it nowadays.

Greetings to all,
Gustav
http://perth.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav