Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 03:36:46PM +0000, Jim Garrison wrote:
>Am I missing something, or is there a reason one would want to run a
>Linux emulator under a Windows emulator on Linux?

That is the question I've been asking for years.  Someone always has an
answer but I'm never been convinced that it is worth my time to
investigate Wine issues in Cygwin when Cygwin works on a number of
different true Windows platforms, even under a VM.

I'm happy to accept patches which fix real Cygwin problems (which we
actually have done recently) but I'm pretty sure that neither Corinna
nor I nor anyone else who works on setup.exe is going to track down
Wine issues - especially in setup.exe.

But your question often engenders some sort of passionate response so,
be ready.

Welcome to the WJM club!

cgf