Re: iodbc always in error (solved)

Hello,

I've sent a mail here yesterday requesting for help in order to make
iodbc work in cygwin. I've investigated in the library code and found
something interesting :

In the log I've sent yesterday[1], each function name start with an  _  wich does not appear in the sql driver library :

objdump.exe -x /usr/lib/cygsqlite3odbc.dll | less
        [   0] SQLAllocConnect
        [   1] SQLAllocEnv
        [   2] SQLAllocHandle
        [   3] SQLAllocStmt
        [   4] SQLBindCol
        [   5] SQLBindParameter

The iodbc package contains the file  iodbc/henv.ci Â[2] wich is actualy
an index of the declared function to call. There is a strange preprocess
instuctions at l79 wich needs to be completed in order to works in
cygwin :

#define CLI    "SQL"

now you can rebuild the package and the odbc will work.

You can consider this mail as a bugreport (and I hope it will be
reported in the cygwin package).

[1] http://pastebin.com/mzDLUC3x
[2] https://github.com/openlink/iODBC/blob/develop/iodbc/henv.ci

--