About ssh

Hi,

I'm able to perform:

% ssh localhost

From cygwing.  But I'm unable to perform:

% ssh <IP_addr>

I always get:

--
ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.103 port 22: Connection timed out
--

The client works well hooking to a remote machine:

% ssh <remote_user>@<remote_IP_addr>

Works just fine from cygwin.  But once in the remote machine, I'm
unable to perform:

% ssh <win_user>@<win_IP_addr>

It returns the same time out error, but it lasts a longer to return it.

I've even add c:\cygwing64\usr\bin\sshd as an allowed application on
the windows firewall settings (for private net only).  As that didn't
work, I also added new rules (for both TCP and UDP) to allow incoming
connections on port 22.  That didn't help either.

I've tried as well to set UsePrivilegeSeparation to no.  But that was
of no help either.

I'm totally clueless now.

I've followed several howtos like:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/preinstall_req_cygwin_ssh.htm
http://superuser.com/questions/445237/cygwin-ssh-server-is-not-accepting-connections
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows7/open-a-port-in-windows-firewall
http://lifehacker.com/205090/geek-to-live--set-up-a-personal-home-ssh-server
http://www.noah.org/ssh/cygwin-sshd.html

The only caveat on the 1st link is that I couldn't remove the
"win_user", and then regenerate it as local user, cause:

--
mkpasswd -l âu <win_user>
--

Returns nothing on me.  So I can't append its output to /etc/passwd

But that didn't seem to prevent being able to connect to localhost any
ways.  So it doesn't seem to be an issue.

BTW, the service is running OK according to windows "local services".

Another caveat is that I didn't install cygwin for all users, just to
the myself (<win_user>).  That didn't prevent the service to run,
neither it prevent me from ssh to localhost.

Any hints on how to enable sshd to receive connections?

--
Javier.