Re: Confused about several issues with setting up cron

I would try the following methods:

First make sure you are launching your local terminal with "Runas
Administrator" checked, even if you are the Administrator user. I am
also asuming you have done the normal stuff like cygcheck -c, and make
sure you have not loaded duplicate dlls during your troubleshooting.
If you ever get resource fork issues with parent != child error
messages right in the term, that needs to be fixed by removing the
duplicate dll file. And run /bin/rebaseall from dash or ash terminals
(disable Anti-viri).
Always manually right click and Run mintty as Administrator, also try
changing the path in the mintty shortcut to
c:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -
% cygrunsrv -R cron
reboot to be on the safe side
After bootup use cygwin setup to uninstall cron, then run setup again
and install it.
% cron-config
You shouldn't need todo anything custom here, yes and defaults to
everything. It should be using your current user account, and that is
hopefully the full fledged Administrator account, and not some other
user with admin privs. Which also means you are currently logged into
windows as the full Administrator account.
% net start cron
% EDITOR=vi
or whatev
% crontab -e
create an entry that just fires of something basic very frequently for instance
*/1  * * * * echo "this" > /cygdrive/c/Users/
Administrator/Desktop/test.file.txt
You many also want to throw in the PATH into the crontab itself for example:
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
As alternative to or in addition to the mentioned test.file.txt
creation cron entry, you could use something like this:
@reboot echo "this" > /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/test.file.txt
So that instead of something fireing off every minute for testing, it
would fire it off each time you stop/start the cron service with "net
stop cron" and "net start cron"

Sorry for the messy response, i have no time right now. Good luck
reading this email and getting it working.  :)