VIM Vundle not working under Cygwin64

Hello

I have tried to get vim's vundle package to work under Cygwin64, and
it appears as though vim doesn't understand most of the package.
Vundle works under 32-bit Cygwin, but something in the way the 64-bit
version was compiled looks in the wrong place for vimrc.

The 64-bit version (sorry I forget the version number (I uninstalled
it), but it is the one under the very latest 64-bit distro) thinks
that
vimrc resides under ~/.vim/vimrc (a directory in my case). It does not
look at my ~/.vimrc file at all. I got this info using :version

When I force it to do so (vim -u ~/.vimrc filename), I get a ton of
errors as it does not seem to understand most of the Vundle commands.
That could also be from the fact that it might be an older version of
vim, but since I uninstalled it, I can't be sure.

I would like the vundle package to work the way it does under any
other *NIX system I use, including Cygwin32. Is there a
Cygwin-specific source package I can download or is there a way
someone could re-compile a more recent binary so that it understands
things like a standard location for ~/.vimrc and vundle commands?

Thanks

Paul