Re: baffling cygwin setup.exe behavior

On 08/10/2013 2:52 PM, Don Hatch wrote:
I've always been baffled by cygwin setup's behavior.
I wish I understood it and could control it.

Here is a typical example where I want to do something
very simple and I have no idea how to get the setup program
to do it.  Help!

My goal: upgrade rcs to the "currently considered most stable"
version, without changing anything else on the system.

Here is what I tried, in excruciating detail.
Something tells me this isn't easily done.

... just be glad that neither RCS nor any of the unwanted upgrades had dependencies. They don't get unflagged when you go to "keep" and there's no option to only download the deps for some packages...

Ryan