Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: procps-3.2.8-1

On Oct 16 17:37, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:24:15PM +0200, Frank Fesevur wrote:
> >2013/10/16 Corinna Vinschen:
> >> I took over maintainership for the procps package, which hadn't been
> >> updated since 2007.  I now update the package to the last procps package
> >> 3.2.8 from 2009, added a few tweaks, and especially built it for 32 and
> >> (tada!) 64 bit.
> >
> >Any reason to updated to procps 3.2.8 (from 2009) and not switched to
> >procps-ng 3.3.8 (from 2013)?
>
> Answering for Corinna:  Yes.

Like Chris said.

The procps-ng fork is getting more and more Linux-centric and thus much
harder to port to Cygwin.  If you feel up to the task, feel free to
maintain the package.  I would be really glad, actually.  However, until
then, I'll stick to procps.

Corinna

Red Hat