Re: INETUTILS and PING package missing from 64-bit Setup 2.830

On 10/23/2013 3:20 PM, Charles Butterfield wrote:
Also noticed that "inetutils" package is missing from 64-bit.
Also noticed that "ping" package is missing from 64-bit.

Gosh - I use both of these on occasion. I'm now feeling I may have made
a  mistake in upgrading to 64-bit.

My questions:

1) Is there some way to install and run the 32-bit versions of the
packages that are missing from the 64-bit distro?
2) Are the missing packages "Just around the corner" 3) Should I just
pack it in, nuke my 64-bit setup and revert to 32-bits? I
had been hoping that the 64-bit version would fix some of the limitations of
running 32-bit shell and apps on a 64-bit Win8 platform (e.g. the System32
and SysWOW64 craziness, and confusing names), but the current Cygwin 64-bit
rough edges are making me uneasy. Am I missing something?

You have a couple of Cygwin-specific choices:

  1. Install the 32-bit versions of the packages that you use and which
     aren't available yet for the 64-bit version.

  2. Just install the 32-bit version for now.

--
Larry