RE: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure

> you're adding additional requirements

Rather revealing them...

The procedure is still to grab the current setup, make package selection,
download with satisfying the dependencies, then install on a bunch of
boxes in the batch mode, unattended.

When a new set of machines is to be built, repeat the procedure with
then-current CYGWIN, possibly starting with the package selection step
(if needed -- i.e. the package requirements have changed, some requested
to be added / removed)...

I think I've got enough information to relay to our Systems group
and see what they say.

Thanks everybody (including Marco, Achim, and cfg) who responded!

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI