Re: Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes

thanks for letting us know!

You're welcome :)

I'm very glad to read that this is an OS bug and a fix is available.

At least partially.  I'm a bit confused.  As far as I understand it this
is the situation now:

   Vista/2008 and earlier:  no fix available.
   W7/2008R2:               only hotfix for manual installation
   W8/2012:                 no fix available.
   W8.1/2012R2:             fixed.

Did I get that right?  That sounds a bit weird...

That is how I understand it. Microsoft requires a Premier Support agreement in order to request hotfixes and I am not a party on any such agreement. So, I worked with former colleagues at another company that does have a Premier support agreement and that I knew were also experiencing the issue. They only requested a hotfix for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 2008 R2 as those are the only Windows releases they were concerned about having a fix for. The result: it is fixed in currently shipping versions and a hotfix is available for those specific releases, but other releases remain vulnerable. Addressing those releases will presumably require someone with access to a Premier Support agreement to request additional hotfix releases.

Tom.