Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does

Hi Corinna,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 28 10:24, Robert Klemme wrote:

>> since the last update of my cygwin 64 installer during the execution I
>> get a Windows pop up indicating that the program does not work any
>> more. Funny thing is: it does. I just click "cancel" and the
>> installation proceeds normally.  It even happens if I start the
>> program and click cancel on the first screen.  Is anybody else
>> experiencing the same?  Version is 2.831.
>
> Just tried it on a W7-64 machine and I can't reproduce this.  Maybe
> a virus scanner is interfering?

I just tested with the AV switched off and there is no difference.
Also, it has worked without issues in the past with AV.

The only change to the system was that I uninstalled Notepad++
yesterday.  Before I did that I uninstalled all the plugins and all of
a sudden my "Desktop" directory was gone.  I do not have an idea
whether this is in any way related and I don't want to blame Notepad++
unless I have evidence of any issues caused by it. So far I could not
find anything unusual.

I checked Windows Application Log and there seems to be always an
error like the one attached whenever the UI reports issues.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/