Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does

Hi,

Corinna Vinschen [2013-11-28 14:09 +0100] :

On Nov 28 10:24, Robert Klemme wrote:

since the last update of my cygwin 64 installer during the execution
I get a Windows pop up indicating that the program does not work
any more. Funny thing is: it does. I just click "cancel" and the
installation proceeds normally. It even happens if I start the
program and click cancel on the first screen. Is anybody else
experiencing the same? Version is 2.831.

Just tried it on a W7-64 machine and I can't reproduce this. Maybe a
virus scanner is interfering?

I just want to mention that I can reproduce this behaviour using the x86 setup.exe . Starting the setup.exe blaims the program does not work any more. But I can close this dialog and continue installing cygwin packages without any problems.

I didn't change my system at all, just installed the new version of cygwin's setup.exe . If you tell me how, I'd debug this.

Cheers

Niklaas

--
Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff