Re: Libevent configuring fails with "checking whether the C compiler works... no"

On 2014-01-04 10:09, Dmitry Malikov wrote:
I'm trying to install tmux in cygwin (running under windows 8 if it is
important) from this guidance:
http://java.ociweb.com/mark/programming/tmuxInCygwin.html

As usual, bad advice from third-party sites. Remove steps two and three there, and install libevent-devel and libncursesw-devel from the distro instead (you already have the latter).

I've tried to install libevent from the sources, but cannot configure it:

I did notice you have x86 DLLs in your C:\cygwin64\bin (grep your cygcheck.out for "not x86_64 dll"). Also, your PATH is constructed in such a way that /usr/bin is present twice (notice the duplicate entries throughout); I suggest fixing those issues, then see if you can compile a basic "hello world".

Yaakov