Re: Reduce noise in dependency declaration during uninstall in setup.exe

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:02:41PM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>On 1/21/2014 7:44 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> Alternate idea:
>>
>> If all of the changes requested on the previous screen are "Uninstall" (i.e.
>> everything else is "Keep" or "Skip"), invert the current dependency tree
>> walking logic.  That is, have setup.exe find out which packages must be
>> removed to satisfy the changes requested on the previous screen.
>>
>> "Look, buddy, if you remove that package, I gotta remove these 84 other
>> packages, too: {foo, bar, baz...}  Are you really really sure you want me to
>> do that?"
>
>Yes, this is a known limitation of the current setup source.  It falls
>under category of http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI. After all, it sounds
>like fun, right? ;-)

I think Corinna mentioned that she was going to get to this next
Thursday or possibly I'm misremembering and she was going to complete
work on an AI which passed the Turing Test.  I can't, for the life of
me, remember which it was.  Or maybe she was going to get help her
neighbor shampoo their cat?  That may have been it.