Re: AdminCygwin Release

Thanks Andrey for your reply.  I prefer to send a direct mail to you
to respond, they are a little "angry".

2014/1/23 Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru>:
> Greetings, BGINFO4X!
>
>>> I still think this is a bad idea.  I know what you're trying to do.  You
>>> are basically trying to provide a solution using tools that you more or
>>> less understand rather than trying to work within the existing
>>> (admittedly crude) release structure to provide benefit to everyone who
>>> uses Cygwin.
>
>> I'm sorry, but this is not true: I only want to give comunity a "base
>> package" of something that I already have.
>
> It is Cygwin providing a base package, that you have.
> The key word is "providing", means, it's already available to the community.
> What you want to do is to repackage and redistribute what is already packaged
> and distributed. Doing fool's work, don't you think?
>
>> At least on my opinion, as an administrator, has very sense to have a
>> "bash windows" in a "nerd-msi" installable form.
>
> I don't understand your inclination with MSI first

It is simple:

a) give setup.exe to a non-tech "man/woman" and tell him/her: please,
can you install bash? And see what happens ... 95% will fail.

b) give for example bginfo4x.msi to a non-tech "man/woman" and tell
him/her: please, can you install it? And see what happens ... 95% will
succeed.

>, and Cygwin does NOT play by Windows rules, second.

IMHO: This is a problem that "cygwin people" should solve.

> Cygwin, per definition, adapt Linux, not Windows, paradigm, and may be VERY destructive, if not installed correctly.

I know it.

Thanks for your time.