Re: cygwin64 - installation problem - installed by administrator account

On 1/27/2014 1:29 AM, Flower, Martin wrote:
Please excuse my newby-ignorance, but I can't work out how to progress
this without some help

Steps taken
- Downloaded setup-x86_64.exe
- Run setup-x86_64.exe using admflma (administrator account)
- Logged in as netflma (my usual windows login)
- Unable to start Cygwin from desktop icon
   - unable to find mintty.exe
- Able to start Cygwin from command line
   - (C:\cygwin64\Cygwin.bat)
- Error message is Your group is currently "mkpasswd" .. ..
- mkpasswd -l  > /etc/passwd
   - bash: /etc/passwd: Permission denied
- drwxr-xr-x+ 1 admflma mkpasswd      0 22 jan 13.39 etc
- If I run the console as user admflma, then no errors are reported
- Log in to windows as admflma and start Cygwin from desktop icon
   - unable to find mintty.exe
- The objective is that any user on the computer can run Cygwin, but
  particularly netflma (user without admin rights)
- My guess is that the windows permissions are wrong for C:\cygwin64. I
   have attempted to give all rights to all users, but this has not
  solved the problem

Can you *attach* the output of 'cygrunsrv -srv' to a follow-up
mail with the output of 'id'?

--
Larry