Re: cygwin64 - installation problem - installed by administrator account

On 2/5/2014 4:38 AM, Flower, Martin wrote:
Thank you Larry.

I have uninstalled GIT. I have deleted C:\cygwin64. I have rerun
setup-x86_64.exe as admflma. In the start menu I click on the Cygwin icon
and continue to have the same symptoms.

Windows cannot find mintty. I can browse for mintty.exe, and then nothing
happens.

I open a command window and type C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe and a shell
window appears with prompt sh-4.15$

I have rebooted and there is no difference.

If the post-install scripts ran successfully, how would I know? I don't
see any changes to my windows PATH environment.

The scripts live in /etc/postinstall.  Any that have run will have a
".done" suffix.  More importantly, any that haven't won't.  If you see
ones that haven't run, you can try running them manually from a bash
shell and see if that helps.  But really, even if some or all the
scripts have the ".done" suffix, it doesn't mean that they ran correctly.
It just means that they ran.  To determine if there were any problems
during the run, you need to find and look at the setup.log.full and/or
setup.log files.  These should reside in the directory you ran setup
from.  If there are complaints there about any post-install scripts,
then that's where you should focus your investigation.  setup should
have reported any post-install complaints to you at the end of the
install too.

You may also find that you're a victim of BLODA -
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.  You can investigate this avenue as
well as something is clearly getting in the way of the post-install
script process.

--
Larry