g77 on cygwin64

Hi All,
First a compliment: I recently went from the old x86 version of cygwin to cygwin64. I was pleased to see that many of my perl scripts run about twice as fast. Thanks!

My question: Would it be possible to have the old g77 fortran compiler as an optional install for cygwin64? I realize that g77 is now deprecated by gfortran, but I have a lot of old fortran 77 code that does not compile correctly with gfortran. Since I am not a fortran coder (I mainly use interpreted languages), I do not have the skills to figure out what the issues with gfortran are. It would immensely useful to have a cygwin64 g77 as an optional install.

If this is not an option, could anyone maybe point me in the right direction as to how to compile g77 myself? I attempted to do so with an old g77 from gcc version 3.4.6, but the makefiles do not recognize the uname of cygwin64, and I'm not sure of what compiler flags to use, so the build always fails.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers,
-Scott