Re: g77 on cygwin64

What host operating system are you running cygwin on? Do you have examples of your old g77 applications that are already compiled that you can test on your current system?

There are several options. Compiling g77 is one of them, but you would need the proper runtime components as well. It is also possible to have more than one cygwin installation. You can have an older x86 cygwin installed that still has g77. The question is weather or not an app compiled with g77 under 32-bit cygwin will run on your OS. You also would not be able to run both versions of cygwin at the same time.

A think a bit more information would be useful.

This is the gnu archive page for gcc version 3.4.6, which I think is the one that is most compatible with the gcc 4 stuff.

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-3.4.6/

If I remember right, you could not compile with 3.4.4 once your cygwin had been updated to gcc 4. There were some collisions and header issues. I think that had been fixed by 3.4.6, but cygwin had moved on from gcc 3 by then and they never released a package past 3.4.4.

I think you can get it compiled and it would probably be better to consult with the gnu message board about that, since that's there thing. If you think it would be useful to try installing a second cygwin, I can send you some notes for that.

LMH