Re: g77 on cygwin64

Scott T. Marshall writes:
> The strange thing is that gfortran does compile the
> code, but once compiled, the executables have strange behavior mainly
> involving problems reading in data files.

To me this rather indicates a bug in the code, probably involving bad
assumptions about what can be be done to files and in which order.  For
starters you might check if the files are opened in binary mode.

> So it is not clear to me
> exactly what needs to be updated in the code.

Big can of worms.  I've seen old Fortran code break on seemingly unrelated
things like a C library security update, not to say what happened when I
first tried to run it on an Alpha.  You might try if the program
works correctly if compiled unoptimized.  Another option is to
purposefully use a compiler that does things in a very different way and
see where it complains and/or breaks (I've been keeping f2c for that).

Regards,
Achim.