Re: Installer cannot write to Cygwin's /usr/local/etc

Greetings, Gerry Reno!

> I have a Windows MSI installer that first loads Cygwin and then has a
> deferred copy of some files into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/etc.

Cygwin distribution does not come in a form of MSI installer.
Please use supported installation methods (links available at the end of the
message), or address your questions somewhere else. I.e. to the authors of
your "MSI installer".

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...