Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

On Feb 16 12:09, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 03:48:35PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >>What if an admin wants to avoid that files are read at all, even if a
> >>user manages to generate them?
> >
> >Anyway, I'm willing to switch from /etc/nsswitch.conf to something
> >else.
>
> Can you summarize why this is necessary?  I haven't really followed how
> we got to the point where documented nscd.conf/nsswitch.conf
> functionality wouldn't be sufficient.

Documented for Linux or documented for Cygwin?

Most of the settings now done in nsswitch.conf have nothing to do with
what is done in nsswitch.conf on other OSes.  These settings have no
equivalent to the settings done in nscd.conf either.  Except for the
passwd: and group: settings, they are plain Cygwin only.

Corinna

Red Hat