Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

On Feb 18 21:02, J.H. vd Water wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> >The crash looks weird.  It looks like your machine doesn't return
> >the machine sid when it's requested.  Can you please run the following
> >test application as non-admin and as admin and paster the output for
> >both cases into your reply?  Hmm, maybe that's a windows XP thingy?
> >I didn't test this stuff on anything prior to Vista.
>
> Both cases show the same output:
>
> $ ./lsa
> pdom name: <WORKGROUP> dnsname: <(null)>, sid: 0x0
> adom name: <XP> sid: 0x246058

Huh.  This looks entirely normal and expected.  Which makes the
SEGV even more weird.  I'm apparently missing something here.

> Perhaps, it is best to stop here for the moment ... There must be more pressing
> things on your list.

No, there aren't.  This testing is very important.  I'd like to
have such crashes like yours fixed before this new code gets
released.

> Moreover, I already decided to use 'db_enum: files' in /etc/nssswitch.conf (and
> XP is a thing of the past, is it not?).

I'm going to make some tests on XP, but if I can't track this down,
would you mind if I send you a test Cygwin DLL with extended debug
output to help tracking it down?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat