Re: $PATH contains dot but unclear where it comes from

On 2/19/2014 2:10 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Larry Hall (Cygwin)!

  From the Windows "Run..." or "Search programs and files" edit box,
type "cmd.exe".  From the console window that opens as a result, type
the following.

echo %PATH%
c:\cygwin64\bin\bash --norc --noprofile -lix
echo $PATH

Larry, we walked through exactly this process, but he denied any investigation
by cutting the output of the first echo command.

You're right Andrey.  You were covering much the same ground with Robert.
It's strange that he cut off the part of the results that was the key.
My original inclination was to not step into this thread in the first
round.  I don't know why I changed my mind for the second. ;-)

I think the point of Robert's original inquiry was to find out where/how
the "." could get added if it was happening in Cygwin.  Given the ground
covered (at least once) in this thread, I think we've provided all the
information that should be needed to track this down.  If not, the
remainder of the "where?" and "how?" questions really aren't Cygwin-
specific so I think this thread is really off-topic.

--
Larry