Re: setup: how to select all src packages too?

On 2/20/2014 5:50 PM, Luke Kendall wrote:
On 02/18/2014 08:26 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Luke Kendall!

It's great that Cygwin has so many packages.  And setup.exe makes it
easy to select the packages you want.
But it seems quite difficult to also select all the corresponding source
packages as well, simply because there are so many packages! In the
worst case, where you want every package, and all the source packages
too, surely you don't have to scroll and click 3,000-odd times in the UI
to select them all?  But I haven't found a way to do it through setup.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I have searched, but couldn't find an
answer.
This is a known deficiency of a Cygwin setup.
However, how many source packages you ACTUALLY, REALLY need to download?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

I imagine others have suggested that the UI for the missing functionality
could be as simple as a checkbox to include source package for all packages
selected.

We actually, really needed to download all the source packages, because we
need to be able to check the licenses, and the licenses can often only be
found by looking in the source packages.

We worked around the problem by rsync-ing the whole thing, in the end.

Thanks for confirming that it wasn't a dumb question, Andrey!

Well, he didn't exactly say it wasn't a dumb question. ;-)

Just kidding!

Mirroring is actually a good way to grab all the source with relative ease,
given setup's mechanism is much more laborious.  And while neither way is
optimal, I think you get points for finding the path of lesser pain. :-)

--
Larry