Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?

On Feb 25 18:37, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 2/25/2014 6:24 PM, Jim Burwell wrote:

> >>No.  Works for me.  Do you start `mintty -'?
> >>

> >>Corinna
> >>
> >Interestingly, it works as expected with mintty, but not with xterm,
> >uxterm, uterm.
> >
> >Was going to try rxvt, but noticed it's not in Cygwin64.
> >
> >It also works when I ssh into my cygwin.
> >
> >So appears to be a problem with xterm and related?
>
> Yes, and it's a conscious change.  See
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2014-02/msg00005.html>.

Weird, I was pretty sure we already have an /etc/shells file installed
by default.  Apparently not.  So, shan't we add one?

  /bin/sh
  /bin/bash
  /bin/dash
  /bin/mksh
  /bin/zsh
  /usr/bin/sh
  /usr/bin/bash
  /usr/bin/dash
  /usr/bin/mksh
  /usr/bin/zsh

The base-files package would be a good place to be.  David?

Red Hat