RE: setup-x86.exe exits before installation is complete

>> It seems recent versions of setup-x86.exe exit before the installation is
>> complete. Without the --no-admin option, the main installation is run as
>> child process, and the parent doesn't wait for the child to complete.
This
>> can cause a bit of a problem for other installers that install Cygwin (as
>> when setup.exe exits, Cygwin isn't installed).
>>
>> Is something like the attached patch appropriate? It just waits for the
>> child process before exiting.
>
>Why don't you just run your installer as admin and use the --no-admin
>option?

I can't immediately see a way to do that with the installer package I'm
using, but I can probably find a workaround.

However, I thought the patch might be useful for anyone else who also
installs Cygwin via some form of script or installer, as this reverts the
default behaviour to as it was until recently.

Cheers,
Jon