Re: File permissions when using ACLs

Greetings, Charles Plager!

> Short version: When writing to network drives (and probably local
> ones) as Cygwin is setup by default, we see the permissions being set
> using the ACLs where "creator owner"  is given "full control" and
> "creator" group are given "read/execute", but by setting "special
> permissions" instead of just having "full control" or "read/execute"
> set.

> Why does it not just set "full control" or "read/execute"?

Cygwin by default mimicking POSIX permission set.
If this behavior is undesirable, You can work around it by letting operating
system control the ACL.
Modify cygdrive entry in /etc/fstab to include noacl option.
Then any files accessed outside direct/implied mounts will have permissions
controlled by OS.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...