Re: Errors when installing 64 bit cygwin -- apparently result of drive out of space. Request better checking / reporting?

On 3/19/2014 8:23 PM, Patrick Spinler wrote:

Hi,

TLDR: cygwin install apparently doesn't check for adequate space prior
to starting the install, and if it runs out during install spams
misleading error dialogs while corrupting c:\cygwin.

I'm attempting to install a 64 bit cygwin.  Unfortunately, I can't
attach a cygcheck since I haven't gotten to a working installation.

Once /usr/bin/cygcheck exists, you can run it.

<snip>

I'm selecting a full installation, that is, telling it to install
everything.

<snip>

Independently, I note at this point that my disk drive is out of space.
  I theorize that all the errors I note above are due to this fact.  For
what it's worth, I'm starting this install with >9gb free, which I
mistakenly assumed would be more than enough ...

It would probably be enough the current 64-bit binary installs but it's
not enough for all the source too, which you appear to be trying to
install as well.  Just skip those and the install will likely work out
better.

--
Larry