Re: Does shared memory support work on cyg64?

Marco Atzeri wrote:
as the script creates a service called "cygserver"
running both the 32bit and the 64 bit scripts
causes the second to overwrite/overlap the first.

On my system I manually renamed the 64 one
to avoid collision and to allow to start them separately
----
Ahh...I see..

In my case, I'm not running them at the same time as I use
it to drive my X server -- and generally, I only have one of those
running at a time...

I guess what I don't know is how the Xserver -- especially in your
case, knows where to find the shared memory segment.

$ cygrunsrv -LV
Service             : cygserver           (Installation path: E:\cygwin)
Display name        : CYGWIN cygserver
Current State       : Stopped
Command             : /usr/sbin/cygserver
stdin path          : /dev/null
stdout path         : /var/log/cygserver.log
stderr path         : /var/log/cygserver.log
Process Type        : Own Process
Startup             : Manual
Account             : LocalSystem

Service             : cygserver64
Display name        : CYGWIN cygserver64
Current State       : Running
Controls Accepted   : Stop
Command             : /usr/sbin/cygserver
stdin path          : /dev/null
stdout path         : /var/log/cygserver64.log
stderr path         : /var/log/cygserver64.log
Process Type        : Own Process
Startup             : Manual
Account             : LocalSystem
------
Now you have me curious -- how do you have the 1 cygrunsrv command
listing both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version?

Wouldn't the cygrunsrv just list the the services in the same
bit-class?

So... just from the above -- it looks like your 32bit and 64-bit
are running the same binary -- i.e. from the view of
cygrunsrv....am I missing something?