RE: 1.7.28: Ctrl-C not working reliably

Max Polk wrote on Saturday, April 5, 2014 16:50

> On 4/4/2014 3:35 PM, Ivan Todoroski wrote:
> > On my machine, the Ctrl-C doesn't stop SSH from trying to ...
>
> I believe console applications may require I/O to/from stdin/stdout/stderr
> for Control-C (or even Control-S / Control-Q for flow control) to be
noticed.
> In that period of time when there is "silence", no textual console output,
no
> signal is even noticed, and the application happily continues what it is
> doing, totally ignoring you.
>
> I have seen this enough times to make me think it's a pattern, maybe even
> usual behavior.

For what it's worth, I am pretty sure the SSH example I gave in my original
message was interruptible by Ctrl-C in earlier versions of Cygwin, so it
looks like something has changed, it's not the usual behavior.

If someone can tell me where I could find an archive of old Cygwin 1.7.x
packages, I am willing to do a manual "bisection" by installing old Cygwin
versions to try and narrow down when this happened.

All I remember is that I upgraded to 1.7.28 from some older version (older
than 1.7.27, but I don't recall how much older).