Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > Wanna send the patch to cygwin-patches(*)?
>>
>> I'm not quite happy with it yet. I'll need to dig through that function
>> another pass to see, if I can completely avoid the code path in question
>> without harming any hamsters in process.

> I'm *so* glad you're sympathetic with the hamsters.  They have build
> their lair inside of cygpath alreasy years ago, so I would not like
> to disturb them.

I knew you love them too.

>> Besides, when I digged through it, I got an idea of completely new
>> functionality. That may be the one I want to contribute.

> As for new functionality and non-trivial patches, I'm sorry but we
> still need the copyright assignment in this case.  I know that people
> are shying away from it, so I hope there still some who don't...

> See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html, the "Before you get started" section.

I honestly don't care. I do not understand whole tantrum around
"copyright", "copywrong" and other "copyleft".
What the hell you can do about it? Pick a spoon, crack my head open and drain
it out of my brain?
Whatever I release to the public, I mainly do that under WTF PL.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...